Employee Wellness Unit
- Promote and assist employee improvement in all areas of wellness (physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and financial)
- Identification of wellness resources
- Employee follow-up
- Wellness training
- Development/management of the Employee Success Program
- Confidential peer support for personal and professional crises
Employee Assistance Program/ New Directions:
- Everyday issues
- Chemical dependency
- Healthy lifestyle
- Support in tough situations
- Personal growth
- Online connection to a counselor
- Legal documents and wills
Some website resources may require a company code. This is available on the Intranet Resource Guide at the internal link located at the bottom of this page. If you are on an external device and need the code, contact the below numbers or EWU@kcpd.org.
1-800-624-5544 or 913-982-8398
*See PPBM 820-5 for further information
Provides programs that assist veterans and first responders with the training, tools, and community of support to develop healthy living habits needed for long term healing.
Safe Call Now
Safe Call Now is a CONFIDENTIAL, comprehensive, 24-hour crisis referral service for all public safety employees, all emergency services personnel and their family members nationwide. They assist with referrals for drug/alcohol treatment, peer support, PTSD resources, suicide resources, general/family counseling, and other crisis referrals.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
Calls to the Lifeline are routed to the closest possible crisis center to provide immediate assistance. Call for yourself or someone you care about:
A local organization that provides clinical, educational, and prevention services to individuals and their families impacted by drug/alcohol addiction.
24/7 Crisis Hotline (816)361-5900
While on the webpage members will simply need to enter their zip code, at which time, they will be redirected to United Way of Greater Kansas City.
- Supplemental food and nutrition programs
- Shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- Emergency information and disaster relief
- Employment and education opportunities
- Services for veterans
- Health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- Addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- Support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- A safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
KCPD Friends and Family:
KCPD Friends & Family is organized primarily to operate as a support group for family members and significant others of all department personnel. Additionally, KCPD Friends & Family will help participate and/or facilitate community oriented service projects.
Greater KC Public Safety Credit Union:
- Mortgage & vehicle loans
- Credit cards
- Financial training
Blue Cross and Blue Shield:
For members of the department’s health insurance plan, the BCBS website provides many resources and incentives for health and wellness. Log-in to your account for personalized resources.
This page will continue to grow to contain a variety of wellness resources that are external to the department. For a list containing internal options and contact information, please find the Employee Wellness Resource Guide on the main intranet page under the “Employee Wellness” link.